It is never too early to begin thinking about college scholarships. While applying for scholarships may be even more stressful and tedious than actually applying to college, the reward is worth the effort. Here are 10 of the most unique scholarships found in the United States.
The scholarship entails designing an advertisement that will educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving and convince them with a clear call to action not to text and drive, drink and drive, eat and drive, or any other distraction you choose to focus on.
- Open to all students planning to continue their education through an accredited college or university
- No G.P.A requirement
- Fill out the pledge to not drive distracted
- Submit all required aspects of your application to email@example.com by the deadline
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
One Scholarship Offered Twice Annually:
Spring Semester Scholarship:
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019
Winner Announced: June 30, 2019
Fall Semester Scholarship:
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2018
Winner Announced: January 31, 2019
Is fire safety important to you? Are you looking for a no-essay scholarship? Than this scholarship is the one for you. All you have to do is fill out a contact form and take a short quiz on fire safety and you are eligible to receive this scholarship.
- Must be a high school senior planning to continue their education through an accredited college or university and be enrolled in the university by Fall 2019.
- Relatives of AFSA staff or National Board members may not apply
- Winner selection is not based on G.P.A, financial need, or demographics
Scholarship Amount: $20,000 (over 11 individuals)
Ten winners will receive a scholarship of $2,000 each.
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2019
Winner Announced: AFSA will contact each winner by email and phone within fourteen (14) business days of contest end-date.
Savvi Formalwear is looking for great moments from this year’s prom season. They’ll be awarding cash prizes for fabulous promposal, pre-prom, dance, dinner, and after-prom pictures.
- Just submit a picture from this years prom picture of any aspect of prom
Scholarship Amount: $250
Submissions must share and highlight solutions to the issues discussed in the chosen sustainability topic(s). The film entry’s theme must be solution-based. The film should talk about an environmental/sustainability problem and then discuss what could be a potential solution to this problem.
- All entrants have to fill out the Entrant Oath and Permission Form.
- Employees and family members of Green Community Connections (the Non-Profit hereafter referred to as “Sponsor” or “GCC”) are not eligible.
Scholarship Amount: Cash prize pertaining to the grade level category:
- Elementary (grades 3, 4, 5): $100 cash prize + $100 matching grant
- Middle School (grades 6, 7, 8): $200 cash prize + $200 matching grant
- High School (grades 9, 10, 11) $350 cash prize + $350 matching grant
- Senior Year + College (grade 12 or active, enrolled college or university students through age 25):$1,000 college scholarship + $1,000 matching grant
Submission Deadline: January 13, 2019
Complete the application form that 140-character message about technology addiction. The top 10 applications will be selected as finalists. The 10 finalists will be asked to write a full length 500- to 1,000-word essay about technology addiction.
- Fill out the scholarship application form that includes an 140 character prompt about technology addiction
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Submission Deadline: January 30, 2019
Can you write about how different cultures, communities, and places from around the world impact your daily life? Do you see the influence of other cultures at school or at home? This scholarship wants its applicants to submit a medium of art (painting, photography, etc.) to demonstrate how the the world influenced them as a global citizen.
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed copy of the Sponsor Application Form and the Scholarship Entry Form.
- Only one entry per person
Scholarship Amount: Cash prize pertaining to grade level category
- One High School Grand Prize: $1,000 ACIS Travel Scholarship Certificate
- One High School Runner-Up Prize: $500 ACIS Travel Scholarship Certificate
- One Middle School Grand Prize: $1,000 ACIS Travel Scholarship Certificate
- One Middle School Runner-Up Prize: $500 ACIS Travel Scholarship Certificate
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2019
To enter this scholarship you must make an original birthday, get-well, or holiday card and submit it on the website.
- Fill out scholarship application
- Must be 14 years or older at time of entry and be enrolled in High School, College, University or Homeschool.
- The finalists will again be decided by voting!
Scholarship Amount: A cash scholarship of $10,000 plus a $1,000 prize for their school.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2019
The Paradigm Challenge is an annual competition that invites students aged 4 to 18 around the world to use kindness, creativity, and collaboration to help solve real-life problems and make a difference.
- Students aged 4 to 18 (as of the entry deadline) around the world are invited to enter The Paradigm Challenge individually or as teams of any size.
Scholarship Amount: Up to $100,000
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2019
Bring your creativity to life in a Doodle of the Google logo, using any medium you choose for the chance to be a Doodle 4 Google winner. On January 7, 2019, the theme will be revealed.
Scholarship Amount: $30,000 scholarship and a $50,000 tech grant for their school.
Submission Opening: January 7, 2019
The focus of this scholarship is for students under 21 years of age, about to attend their first year of higher education, and who meet the requirements mentioned below.
- There is a height requirement of— 5′ 10″ (178 cm) for women, and 6′ 2″ (188 cm) for men.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2019